Planning AssistanceThe McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau (MCVB) offers many useful services to your organization when you choose to hold small market corporate and association meetings or retreats here. (Click image at right to access downloadable PDF.)
We are your source for information and assistance with the following:
- Bid Proposals and Invitations - MCVB’s professional sales staff will prepare written bid proposals tailored to your group’s site selection requirements. Proposals may include information on the city, lodging, meeting and event venues, dining, entertainment, attraction and transportation details, suppliers and services, formal invitations from MCVB and letters from city officials.
- Convention Pre-Promotional Materials - MCVB will provide you with everything you need to spread the word about your event in McKinney including maps, brochures and other useful information.
- Site Inspections - Tours of meeting and event venues, hotels, attractions and the city may be arranged for your group’s planning needs. MCVB staff will schedule all appointments and guide your group through each location.
- Delegate Packets / Information Booth - MCVB will provide delegate packets or a welcome booth (depending on availability) onsite during registration. Either packets or the welcome booth offer area visitor information.
- Registration Assistance - Depending upon schedules, MCVB offers onsite registration during your meeting’s peak registration times.
- Programming Options - Should your group require demonstrations, tours and/or activities, MCVB will provide you with a list of ideas, aid in the planning and/or schedule transportation.
- Promotional Assistance - MCVB will provide a list of local, regional and statewide media through which information of your group’s event may be distributed. Press conferences may also be arranged if desired. Additionally, the MCVB has media kits available for visiting writers and broadcast personnel. If provided, your information will also be promoted on our website.
- Speaker and Entertainment Options - MCVB assists your group in locating speakers on various topics or helps you find just the right entertainment (i.e. magician, singer, band, etc.) from its extensive resource/supplier files.
- Tours and Step-On Guides - Tours may be created according to your group’s allotted time and interests. Additionally, depending upon schedules, knowledgeable step-on guides from our volunteer program are available to share the area’s history, attractions, and interesting anecdotes.
- Welcome Speeches - MCVB arranges for the mayor, a city official or other local dignitary to welcome groups on behalf of the city.
For additional information, please call 888-649-8499.