Visit McKinney Designations & Awards
- Best Tourism Promotion Organization - LuxLife Magazine, Travel & Tourism Awards 2020
- Certified Texas Film Friendly City - Texas Film Commission/Office of the Governor, 2019
- 2019 Reader’s Choice Award - ConventionSouth (magazine/website), 2019
- 2018 Reader’s Choice Award - ConventionSouth (magazine/website), 2018
- 2017 Reader’s Choice Award - ConventionSouth (magazine/website), 2017
- 2016 Reader’s Choice Award - ConventionSouth (magazine/website), 2016
- Top 50 Renovated/New Meeting Sites/Providers - ConventionSouth, 2015
City of McKinney & Local Business Accolades
- #1 Best Place to Live in America - Money Magazine, 2014
- Top 40 Best Texas Destinations (#17) - Texas Highways Magazine, 2014
- Best Sandwich in the State of Texas - Food Network Magazine, 2014
- Top 50 Best BBQ Joints in the World (Hutchins BBQ, McKinney) - Texas Monthly Magazine, 2013 & 2017
Texas Lakes Trail Region Meeting
We had such an incredible meeting on Wednesday! Thank you all so much for everything that you did to make it so special. You all definitely know how to make guests feel welcome and cared for. Our guests were so impressed with the two sites that we had the pleasure of touring.
- Jill Campbell Jordan CTE
Executive Director, Texas Lakes Trail Region
Texas Downtown Association Annual Conference
Thank you for everything you did to make our conference such a success. We’ve received very positive feedback and people seemed to really enjoy their time in McKinney. You have an amazing downtown and community and I hope all of you are proud for being part of this conference - I know I am. Thank you again and have a very happy Thanksgiving!
- Catherine Sak, Executive Director, Texas Downtown Association
Mother of the Groom
Thank you for all your help in organizing and stuffing the wedding welcome bags. You are so sweet to offer assistance! The bags were a huge hit with everyone and I could not have done it without you all! Many thanks! YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!
We had fun in McKinney; everyone had a great time and enjoyed the square, from shopping, to restaurants to the late night bars! Oh, the fiancée of one of the groomsmen from Kansas found her wedding dress on the square! She and her mother are driving down from Kansas soon to purchase it.
Take care and hope to be up there soon for another relaxing weekend!
- Ann H., mother of the groom for a recent wedding in McKinney
Visiting Writer on Assignment
Thank you so much for arranging our stay in McKinney. Everything was perfect. I know it took a lot of people to make it happen. The food was glorious. We will be dieting for the next decade but it was worth it. I am so impressed with each restaurant’s commitment to fresh, local, great food! It was one of the standouts of the trip. B&Bs... I can’t thank you enough for your hospitality and warmth. Our stay was relaxing despite our full schedule and both homes are charming.
Massages ... just what we needed. We’ve both been working so hard and it was the best way to relax.
The tour at Chestnut Square ...Very interesting. Of course, I’m a fan of old houses! I’ll definitely be mentioning the wedding possibilities when I write my article.
I tried to think of constructive criticism, but there isn’t even one. Everything is just perfect, unless you could please remove the calories from the food.
Thank you again. We both had an amazing time.
- Freelance writer/food blogger Marye Audet-White who visited with her husband Marc
Ladies Group Day Trip from Arlington
Thank you so much for all the time you have spent with us, planning this special day for the ladies of the Friendship Department of the First Baptist Church Arlington. You have gone over and beyond for making this a special day. We are very appreciative!
Blessings to you,
- Edie Heifner and the planning team
McKinney High School Class of 1965 - 50th Reunion
Dear all at the CVB:
You’ve done it again! Our Class of 1965 50th Reunion was FANTASTIC! In no small measure, much of the credit belongs to you. You helped us plan the event from beginning to end!
From the negotiations with hotels, restaurants, and other special facilities, everything worked like clockwork. We’ve been receiving messages since the night of the last event telling us (the planning committee) how much they enjoyed all that was planned for them.
All of you worked so hard for us. And then, to open up the Visitors’ Center for our registration was a real boon for the evening.
Y’all are the best! And a million thanks for a job well done. - Carolyn Corbin, Class of 65 Reunion Committee
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your assistance in publicizing our Silent Movie event on the MPAC Wurlitzer pipe organ last Saturday night. It was our largest crowd ever!!! In fact, I couldn’t find more than a few empty seats on the ground level or the balcony either one. The event was a complete success. With your help, the word certainly got out for this event, and a good crowd was treated to a wonderful show!! I certainly enjoyed working with you, and look forward to our collaboration on our next silent movie event ... once again, many thanks.
- Mike Tarzis, North Texas Chapter of the American Theater Organ Society
Thank you so much for helping me! The [dining] guides are great and our customer (Class A Motor coaches’ from across the US and Canada) that are here all week are very happy to have them! Hope you have a safe and fun holiday also. Thank you and have a great day!
- Joy Allen, Customer Service, MCD Innovations
Just wanted to drop you a thank you note for our fabulous scavenger hunt. We had people following us to hear the different stories moms and I put together for the girls.
-Siotha Vest, Troop Leader, Girl Scout Troop 3915