We're Ready to Greet Visitors Again!
We’re excited to announce that Visit McKinney has reopened to the public as of June 8, 2020. We want to assure you that we have taken every precaution to ensure the safety of our guests at the Visit McKinney Visitors Center and gift shop as well as our staff. In an effort to ease back into being open, we are limiting our public hours to 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday- Friday and will not be open on Saturdays for now.
Steps We’ve Taken for Your Security and Safety
- A sanitization company visited our office over the weekend prior to our reopening in order to do a deep clean.
- "Sneezeguards" have been installed around the front desk and store counter.
- We’ve installed signage pertaining to distancing and labeling of designated areas not currently open to the public.
- We have hand sanitizer gel available in the Visitors Center and store. We will be installing actual hand sanitizing stations – both wall and floor models - which have not yet been delivered, due to high demand,
- Disposable masks are available upon request.
- NOTE: The State of Texas has a mask mandate in place when inside all buildings and outside when you can't be six feet apart from other people. Restaurants, bars, hair and nail salons, and other businesses are open with varying occupancy limits. Please click HERE for the latest restrictions.
Visitor Access in the Visitors Center and Shop
- Due to current state directives, we need to limit the number of people who may be in the Visitors Center and store to one individual or small family group (i.e. young families, couples, etc.) in the brochure area and one in the store. It just isn’t possible, due to the size of both spaces, to practice safe distancing with more than one travel party per room at the same time.
- We are closing the coffee bar area to the public. We will be happy to serve you a hot beverage (coffee, tea, or hot chocolate) upon request. Water bottles will also be available.
- We’ve removed our seating and reading area for now, as the small couch and two chairs are cloth and we are not able to clean them properly between uses.
- Our restrooms are not open to the public.
- For now, we are not able to allow for public use/reservation of our conference room.
- The only time anyone outside of staff will be allowed past the front area is if they have a scheduled appointment with a staff member.
- We will also offer curbside service for anyone requesting this for maps, brochures, and merchandise from our store.
We’d Love to See You!
We encourage you to stop by to say "hello," pick up McKinney information, and shop in our store for gifts or a "treat" for yourself! We look forward to seeing you.
For more information, you may call 214-544-1407 or 888-649-8499, or email us at email@example.com.