Visit McKinney Tourism Grants
Visit McKinney is offering grants to assist in funding initiatives, activities, or events that promote the City of McKinney as a tourism destination. Visit McKinney is funded via hotel taxes collected by the city, and will now be offering grant funds during the current fiscal year to tourism partners who plan to bring new tourism dollars into the city economy.
Determine whether or not your proposed use of grant funds qualifies by reviewing the Texas Hotel Tax Expenditure Requirements. If your proposal qualifies:
- Submit an inquiry letter (not required, but recommended)
- Review the grant guidelines
- Complete your application and turn it in by the deadline.
- Texas Hotel Tax Expenditure Requirements (to determine eligibility for grant funds)
- Visit McKinney Grant Inquiry Letter
- Visit McKinney Grant Guidelines for FY 2021-22
- Visit McKinney Grant Application for FY 2021-22
The total amount in Visit McKinney's Tourism Grant budget is $30,000, half each cycle which could change based on event status and amount actually utilized. Please refer to the schedule below for deadlines, presentations, and award notification. We recommend applying at least six months prior to the date of the event or project.
2021-22 Round 1
- Application Deadline: October 4, 2021
- Presentation to Visit McKinney Board: October 26, 2021
- Vote/Award Notification: November 23, 2021
2021-22 Round 2
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
- Presentation to MCVB Board: February 22, 2022
- Vote/Award Notification: March 22, 2022
Most Recent Grant Recipients (FY 2020-21)
- Heritage Guild of Collin County (Chestnut Square Heritage Village weddings) - $1,500
- Kiwanis Club Triathlon - $500
- McKinney Philharmonic Orchestra - $2,000
- SBG Hospitality - $8,000
- CW Designs/Virtual McKinney Tours - $5,000
For more information about grant eligibility or to consult on the viability of your project concept, please contact Visit McKinney Executive Director Dee-dee Guerra at email@example.com or call 214-544-1407.