Greetings, Society of American Travel Writers members!
We welcome you to visit McKinney to experience all our vibrant and picturesque city has to offer! No matter the subjects you feel inspired by or long to write about, we're sure you'll find the perfect story in our community.
We invite you to explore our website. Or, if you want to first get an overview of what you'll find on our site in the way of some story ideas, please check out the links below:
Uniquely McKinney Places to Explore
A Supportive Arts Community
- McKinney Silo Mural Project (by artist Guido van Helton)
- Public art - murals, statues, and more
- Texas Music-Friendly Community
- Texas Movie-Friendly City
- The Guitar Sanctuary
- Visual arts - galleries, studios and more
A Foodie Scene Thriving on Locally-Produced Food Items:
- One of the Top Farmers Markets in Texas
- Chef-driven restaurants and merchants sourcing their menus/store-shelves with locally-made food items
Enjoying the Great Outdoors
- Erwin Park Off-Road cycling
- Cadence Cyclery
- The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
- Disc Golf
Plan Your Trip to McKinney
We want to work with you to help you plan your writing trip to McKinney. Explore the buttons below and please do not hesitate to reach out to our Communications Manager Beth Shumate at 972-547-2061 or via email to email@example.com. She'll be happy to answer any questions you may have and to help you coordinate visits to the places you'd like to see while you're in our community.