VISIT MCKINNEY Tourism Grants
Visit McKinney is offering grants to assist in funding initiatives, activities or events that promote the City of McKinney as a tourism destination. Visit McKinney is funded via hotel taxes collected by the city, and will now be offering grant funds during the current fiscal year to tourism partners who plan to bring new tourism dollars into the city economy.
Determine whether or not your proposed use of grant funds qualifies by reviewing the Texas Hotel Tax Expenditure Requirements. If your proposal qualifies:
- Submit an inquiry letter (not required, but recommended)
- Review the grant guidelines
- Complete your application and turn in by the deadline.
- Total amount in Tourism Grant budget: $30,000, half each cycle which could change based on event status and amount actually utilized.
- Texas Hotel Tax Expenditure Requirements (to determine eligibility for grant funds)
- VISIT MCKINNEY Grant Inquiry Letter
- VISIT MCKINNEY Grant Guidelines
- VISIT MCKINNEY Grant Applications
2020-21: Round 1
- Application Deadline: October 19, 2020 - (Application Window Closed)
- Presentation to Visit McKinney Board: October 27, 2020
- Vote/Award Notification: November 24, 2020
2020-21: Round 2
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
- Presentation to MCVB Board: February 23, 2021
- Vote/Award Notification: March 23, 2021
2019-20 Grant Recipients
- McKinney Philharmonic Orchestra - $1,700
- Ovation Academy for the Performing Arts for "Chaplin" - $11,595
- Heard-Craig Center for the Arts (Art Meets Floral) - $500
- Chestnut Square/Heritage Guild (for wedding advertising) - $2,500
- SBG Hospitality (Wine & Music Festival) - $2,500
- DCI Marching Event - event canceled
- Bernard Foods (Star-Spangled Salsa Fest) - event canceled
- McKinney Summer Opera - event reorganized; no longer qualified for funds.
2018-19 Grant Recipients
- Texas Folklore Society - $3,000
- Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary - $5,000
- The Courts Tennis Complex - $4,000
- Star-Spangled Salsa Fest (Community Garden Kitchen) - $1,000
- International Festival (Imagine International School) - $3,000
- Art Meets Floral (Heard-Craig Center for the Arts) - $5,000
- Odysseus Chamber Orchestra - $1,500
- McKinney Art Studio Tour (Arts & Music Guild) - $7,500
For more information about grant eligibility or to consult on the viability of your project concept, please contact Visit McKinney Executive Director Dee-dee Guerra at email@example.com or call 214-544-1407.