Monthly & Annual Events
Third Monday Trade Days: Held the weekend before the third Monday of each month, Third Monday Trade Days is the largest and longest-running flea market in North Texas and a 100-year-plus tradition in McKinney.
February / March
- Krewe of Barkus Mardi Gras Dog Parade - Sunday before Mardi Gras
- Arts in Bloom - Historic Downtown McKinney
- Smiles Charity Concert - Adriatica
- Red, White and BOOM! - Featuring a hometown parade the morning of July 4th (unless that falls on a Sunday), a Yankee Doodle carnival on East Louisiana, and a concert with fireworks that evening in Craig Ranch.
- Killis Melton Ice Cream Crank-Off - Chestnut Square
- Oktoberfest - Historic Downtown Square
- Dinosaurs Live! - running from September until February each year
- Halloween at the Heard - Heard Museum
- Trick or Treat Trail - Towne Lake
- Legends of McKinney Ghost Tours - Chestnut Square
- Home for the Holidays: A McKinney Christmas - Thanksgiving weekend
- Believe 1 Mile / 5K / 10K Run - Thanksgiving Weekend (Sat.)