Things To Do
Attractions & Activities
McKinney offers a wide variety of options to help you enjoy all the community has to offer:
- Historic, artistic and nature-based attractions
- Local arts scene, including performance or visual arts
- Delicious dining and music-filled nightlife
- Spas and salons to help keep you looking and feeling your best
- Shopping options from the “big box” stores to one-of-a-kind, eclectic boutiques and specialty shops
- Sports and recreation options for every interest, whether baseball, soccer, hockey, tennis, disc golf, sand volleyball, golf, skateboarding, cycling, hiking, cricket, lacrosse and everyday fitness
- Tours that fit into your various interests, including historic, foodie, nature and more.
- Itineraries that list suggestions for various types of getaways
Contact the McKinney CVB at 888-649-8499 about available tours. Or let us create a tour specialized for your group or family.
McKinney is home to one of the oldest and most active, thriving historic downtowns in Texas. The downtown commercial district offers more than 120 unique small businesses and more than two dozen locally-owned-and-operated restaurants that offer some of the best dining in North Texas.
Chestnut Square Heritage Village is a collection of six historic homes, a chapel, a general store, and a replica of a one-room schoolhouse situated on 2.5 acres just south of McKinney’s downtown square.
The City of McKinney promotes the cultural, aesthetic, and economic vitality of the city by integrating art into public places, civic infrastructure, and present and future development.
Sports enthusiasts can enjoy a wide range of sports and recreation options when visiting McKinney. Whether visiting McKinney for youth sports, Friday Night Lights-style football games, NCAA football championships, or PGA golf qualifiers,...
McKinney is fast becoming a world destination point for the practice of healthy living and preventative medicine. The city offers a vast number of spas, healthcare facilities, training centers, gyms, hike and bike trails, parks and open...
Those looking for adventures in nature, history, art and plenty of open spaces to explore will find this and more in McKinney, the gem of North Texas. Whether trekking along nature trails, creating an art project, or taking in the sights...