Whether it's Father's Day Weekend or any time of the year, there is plenty of fun to be had in McKinney with your dad, granddad, or other important men in your life.
Places to Go with Dad
- Arcade 92 - Challenge your dad to a game of Asteroids or Guitar Hero in downtown McKinney's vintage arcade. And while you're there, make sure to split one of their incredible appetizers or desserts! And if you're 21 or over, you can enjoy a beer or cocktail, too!
- Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary (shown) - Buy a ticket on the zipline, go on a night hike, or just take a nature hike through the various habitats.
- The Comedy Arena - Share a laugh during one of the many types of comedy shows at downtown McKinney's one and only comedy club.
- Texas Monkey Business - Go shopping with Dad at this sports-themed store that also carries fun superhero merchandise and apparel.
- TUPPS Brewery - If your dad is a beer aficionado, enjoys hanging out watching sports on the big screen, or listening to live music, TUPPS Brewery is the place to take him.
- Franconia Brewing - Enjoy a brewery tour for $10 which gets you three pints of the brews of your choice. Just remember that you have to be 21 years old to imbibe.
Experiences with Dad
- Steak 101 Class - Local Yocal Farm to Market offers these informative and tasty classes at various times of the year. Dad will learn how to choose the best steak and how to cook it correctly.
- Fishing at Towne Lake Park - Fish from the shore of the lake at this beautiful city park. Just make sure everyone who needs a fishing license has one.
- Cycling or Camping at Erwin Park (shown) - Explore the 10 miles of bike trails, or reserve a campsite and take camping equipment with you to make it an overnight adventure.
- Carpe Diem Comics - Check out all the comics and gaming merchandise or find your spot at the game tables for an afternoon or night of geeky fun!
Events to Attend this Father's Day Weekend (June 17-19, 2022)
Juneteenth McKinney - Enjoy a day-long celebration of Emancipation Day at Towne Lake Park on Saturday, June 18, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. FREE.
Downtown McKinney Craft Beer Walk - For those of you over 21, maybe Dad or Grandpa would enjoy tasting a wide variety of craft beers while walking around Historic Downtown McKinney on Saturday.
Zip Line Day at the Heard Museum - Challenge your dad to a little adventure by taking a trip down the zip line at the Heard Museum on Saturday, 9 a.m.-Noon. $12 per person per trip.
Public Art Walking Tour - This newly-launched tour through McKinney's Historic Downtown Square explores murals, sculptures, galleries, and more.
Downtown Storywalk Challenge - Create your own story as you explore the downtown square and the businesses located there in pursuit of prizes for the whole family.
Peruse our website for more ideas including favorite places to dinner, enjoying live music, and more.