Make Your Holiday Season Memorable in McKinney!
McKinney is a beautiful place to visit any time of year, but the autumn months provide all sorts of fun events, activities, and places to explore. Whether visiting for a city festival or event or just making memories in the authentic, vibrant historic downtown, there’s no question that McKinney is the place to be this fall.
Dinosaurs Live! - Sept. 2, 2023-Feb. 19, 2024
Encounter the 46-foot T-Rex and 10 life-sized animatronic dinosaurs along the Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary’s nature trails. These moving, roaring dinos will delight the kids and make great photo ops for family Christmas cards!
Also at The Heard, kids can explore the kid-sized pioneer village, Animals of the World exhibit, and hands-on activities both outdoors and inside the museum.
Other Great Experiences in McKinney
- Downtown McKinney is home to more than a hundred locally-owned businesses including boutiques, specialty shops, wine rooms, and attractions like a vintage arcade, comedy club, and axe-throwing venue (opening later this spring). The square also boasts more than 20 eateries offering some of the best chef-driven menus and impressive craft cocktails in North Texas, many of which source ingredients from local and area food producers.
- History buffs have plenty of opportunities to learn about early settlers in North Texas.
- Explore a new exhibit at the Collin County History Museum.
- At Chestnut Square Heritage Village, tour several preserved homes and visit a general store that is home to the world’s largest ice cream freezer collection. On Saturdays, make sure to peruse the offerings at McKinney Farmers Market at Chestnut Square, voted one of the top farmer's markets in Texas.
- Stop by the Heard-Craig Center for the Arts to tour the home and its vast art collection.
- Free historic and public art walking tours are also available, leaving the Visitors Center a few times each month.
- Check out Adriatica Croatian Village where you can take in a concert at The Sanctuary and enjoy delicious cuisine at eateries including Zin Zen Wine Bistro, Pane Nostro Ristorante, Cavalli’s Pizza, and other eateries. It’s a favorite spot for photographers, too!
- Explore new entertainment districts, Hub 121 and District 121 in McKinney's Craig Ranch. Here, you can partake in scrumptious cuisine at several exciting new restaurants, a wine room, live music, and open-air entertainment areas.
Plan your visit to McKinney this fall with this online trip planner!
If you need assistance in planning your visit to McKinney, please give our offices a call at 972-547-2058 or email us HERE.