Enjoy the Beauty of Spring in McKinney!
Springtime is a beautiful season to travel in North Texas, and there’s no better place to spend a weekend or longer in McKinney. Whether visiting for a city festival or event or just making memories in the authentic, vibrant historic downtown, there’s no question that McKinney is the place to be this spring.
We have a big live music event coming up soon. Check out details below:
27th Texas Music Revolution
More than 90 musicians and bands will perform during KHYI Radio’s two-day Texas Music Revolution June 2-3 in historic downtown McKinney. Ticket holders will have full access to main stages featuring a combination of established and up-and-coming Texas music artists. More than 20 shops, restaurants, and other businesses around McKinney’s downtown square will also host inside and alleyway stages featuring local musicians that are open to non-ticket holders, too.
Other Great Experiences in McKinney
- Downtown McKinney is home to more than a hundred locally-owned businesses including boutiques, specialty shops, wine rooms, and attractions like a vintage arcade, comedy club, and axe-throwing venue (opening later this spring). The square also boasts more than 20 eateries offering some of the best chef-driven menus and impressive craft cocktails in North Texas, many of which source ingredients from local and area food producers. Several offer impressive brunch menus on the weekends, and the coffee shops downtown boast vast hot beverage menus, pastries, and even full breakfasts all week long.
- History buffs have plenty of opportunities to learn about early settlers in North Texas.
- Explore a new exhibit this spring at the Collin County History Museum.
- At Chestnut Square Heritage Village, tour several preserved homes and visit a general store that is home to the world’s largest ice cream freezer collection. On Saturdays, make sure to peruse the offerings at McKinney Farmers Market at Chestnut Square, voted one of the top farmer's markets in Texas.
- Stop by the Heard-Craig Center for the Arts to tour the home and its vast art collection.
- Free historic and public art walking tours are also available, leaving the Visitors Center a few times each month.
- Commune with nature at the Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary where you can enjoy guided bird walks, a kid-sized pioneer village, and zip line and canoe adventures.
- Check out Adriatica Croatian Village where you can take in a concert at The Sanctuary and enjoy delicious cuisine at eateries including Zin Zen Wine Bistro, Pane Nostro Ristorante, Cavalli’s Pizza, and Harry’s at the Harbor. It’s a favorite spot for photographers, too!
- You’ll also want to visit McKinney’s newest entertainment district, Hub 121 at Craig Ranch. Here, you can partake in scrumptious cuisine at several exciting new restaurants, a wine room, and an open-air amphitheater.
- Plan your visit to McKinney this spring with this online trip planner!
If you need assistance in planning your visit to McKinney, please give our offices a call at 972-547-2058 or email us HERE.